Commerce Blog

When To Use A Public Adjuster To File A Commercial Insurance Claim


We know that public adjusters work for and represent policy holders when their homes suffered insurable damage or loss. They also negotiate with the insurance companies and get the most reasonable settlement possible. They negotiate in good faith and with a desire to get the best deal they can. They know that they may only get about half of what you are worth. However, if you have a good adjuster, your settlement could be in the mid four figures, if not more. There is a process for determining the value of your home. There are certain standards and criteria that they should meet and meet to reach you a settlement figure.

A public adjuster is an insurance declares adjuster (mediator) who advocates for the policyholder in working out a plaintiff and evaluating’s insurance claim. Aside from attorneys and the broker of record, public adjusters accredited by state departments of insurance are the only type of claims adjuster that can legally represent the rights of an insured during an insurance claim procedure. Mainly they evaluate the damage, prepare a quote and other claim documentation, checked out the policy of insurance to figure out protections, and work out with the insurance business’s adjuster. While it is not always clear when a policyholder might benefit from utilizing a public adjuster, the most advantage is most likely to be recognized if they are engaged instantly after a significant damaging event, such as Cyclone Sandy’s horrific pounding on the New Jersey coast locations, both the high levels of flooding and 60+ mph gusting winds.

What you need to know is that your adjuster needs to be a member of the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPA). In addition, the adjuster also does not need to be a government-regulated adjuster. They could be a union-regulated adjuster and they could also be a independent adjuster, who also works for and represents policy holders. Your adjuster would need to go to a four-year accredited college, such as the American Institute of Professional Adjusters (AIPA). There is also a professional licensure exam given that is an essential step in becoming a public adjuster. After passing the exam, the adjuster could be offered a position by a public adjuster.

One thing your insurance company may not tell you is that you are not the only policy holder. Each insurance policy is a contract and it includes a covenant and this can have you in a bind. This is the part where one can discover what is going to happen to all of your property. You should also know that your insurance company is not going to tell you how your property will be settled but they would tell you what you can do. If this part of the process is not clear to you, you should consult a lawyer and let him or her help you understand this part of the process.