Search engine optimization or SEO is one of the most important aspects of any business because it determines its online success. However, SEO can be a total nightmare and most startups fail when it comes to developing effective strategies. If you have a new business website and your budget does not allow you to hire experienced SEO experts, just follow the startup info on SEO below and you will do just fine until of course, you can afford a professional.
Fix your On-Page Optimization first
Most new businesses neglect business on-page optimization forgetting that it is one of the most important aspects of long-term SEO success. An on-page optimization consists of the content, website structure as well as website layout. Search engines frequently crawl on a site on a regular basis to get a better understanding of the contents them display it accordingly in the search results.
– Create great Title Tags and Meta descriptions without stuffing keywords
– Your website navigation should be easy and simple
– Your website speed will determine a lot, so keep the codes clean or ditch the flash if you have to
– Interlink your content so one can get from one content to the nest with just a click
– Keep your URLs short by optimizing the permalinks structure
– Create unique and relevant content to help users and not search engines
– Ensure your website security by checking your Google Webmaster Tool alert at all times. Insecure sites disappear from search results so be careful.
Make your social media presence adamant
You must have a solid social media presence from the word go because this will benefit your SEO. Attract social signals like re-tweets, likes, shares, mentions etcetera. You can designate one of your employees to run your social accounts.
Create great content
You need to produce and publish quality content at all times. Below are the reasons why- Content will increase the number of pages indexed, and this will mean more search terms to rank for.
– Your posts can be likable assets and will attract organic links as well as mentions on other resources. This means better rankings and high domain authority.
– Google ranks higher the websites that publish fresh content
Of course, SEO is not the only reason or benefit for regular content because you will leverage your brand and connect with your clients while you are at it.
Off-page optimization means expanding your presence online and acquiring more links on other platforms. Stay away from controversial links because you might be penalized. Acquire original links and build great relationships with influencers.