...now browsing by category
Thank God! The Olympics arent coming to Chicago. Yeah I live here in Chicago, well just outside of it, but I would have been effected by it. Let me give you a run down as to why not picking Chicago was the right decision and Rio was the right one.
Why not Chicago:
- Mayor Richard “Dirty” Daley - The guy is the most currupt politcal figure in the entire United States. You thought our former Governor was fucked up? You aint seen shit until you see Dick Daley.
- Public Transportation – The CTA has been threatning to go on strike for over 3 years.
- Traffic – It should take me 30 minutes to get to work. But because of rush hour traffic it takes me an hour. Now imagine another 2 or 3 million more people in the city trying to get to the United Center.
- Representation – Chicago sent Oprah and Michelle and Barack Obama and Mayor Daley. Rio sent Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio and Ana Beatriz Barros and Gisele Bundchen.
- Representation point #2 – Obama spoke on behalf of the USA. The 4 modles didnt speak. They just stood there and looked hot.
And thats why Chicago will remain “The Second City”. Well in this case, the 4th city.
Yesterday I took my Autistic son to the Chicago Bears Kids Training Camp for Kids with Disabilities. The camp was held at BEARbonnais on the campus of the Chicago Bears training camp. The kids were to learn the basic football skills like throwing, catching, how to hold the football, things like that. After all, ALL of the 50 kids at this camp had some sort of disability. They were also supposed to meet, greet and learn from “several” players. Oh and get to meet the Bears mascot too.
No one showed up. Let me repeat that. NO ONE showed up. Not even the fucking mascot!
Those poor kids, some who were in wheel chairs took part in a football camp just so they can meet some of those sorry-ass Bears, and didnt get to see anyone who even stands on the side lines. Not Brian Urlacher, not Jay CuNtler, the guy who holds the towels wasnt there either. These fuckers make $10-million a year and they cant take 20 minutes out of their day to say hi to some kids? Firemen take more time to say hi to kids, and they actually work!
So whats my point? My point is that the Chicago Bears organization has no class. They could have sent that guy who is at the bottom of the depth chart who is lucky to have even been invited to training camp. Fuck the Bears. Hope you win 2 games a year for the next 14 years.