I got this comment last night at 2:00am from some guy who claims to be Turd Ferguson as well regarding the great Jeremy Lin:
Clearly I have a problem with that comment.
1. Im not the fucking idiot up at 2:00am searching for Jeremy Lin. Only a loser who doesnt have to get up in the morning to go to work would be doing that.
2. Im not White trash. Im Puerto Rican, which isnt much better than White trash but still.
3. I think I do know about basketball. A lot actually. I played at this little high school in Jersey City for some Hall of Fame coach. Maybe you’ve heard of him, Bob Hurley at St. Anthonys. I was also able to try out as a walk on at Providence. And oh by the way, I still play pick ball just about every weekend and I still be killin them.
4. Why is karma gonna come back and get me? Because I think Jeremy Lin the 2012 John Starks? Lin is a flash in the pan just like Starks was. Starks jumped on the scene and he was pretty good for like 3 years. Jeremy Lin… (read point 4 below)
Heres what I think:
1. I think you’re a die-hard Knicks fan who is eating everything ESPN and the New York media is feeding you. Outside of Bristol and Manhatten Jeremy Lin isnt Michael Jordan in an Asian mask.
2. I think the Knicks havent had anything to cheer about since Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Harper and Starks took the floor. Its understandable. They’ve sucked for a very long time and to have a guy score so many points in his first 7 games you should be excited. But lets not forget the record setting 37 turnovers too.
3. I think you’re a Filipino who thinks he can ball at the Rucker because you be killin your suped-up Celica driving Filipino friends at the Y. If that is you let me tell you that you more than likely suck at hoopin. I used to eat dudes like you alive.
4. Lin was doing all of his scoring with Melo and Stoudemire out of the line up. Stoudemire back in the line up, Lin only scores 10 points (All star worthy stats). And when Anthony comes back, good luck to him trying to get up a shot. Do you really think if Carmelo Anthony was in the game vs the Raptors that Lin was going to take the last shot? You’re a fucking idiot is you think so.
With all that being said, The Repo Man asked me why was I going to do that “10 better guards” post. I told him because theres gonna be some asshole Knicks fans out there who are gonna take offense and pass the article around to all of their Asian friends who are gonna pass it to the Asian American Leadership Group to ask me to stop posting negative things about the great Jeremy Lin. Which is what firstname.lastname@example.org did. But in turn half of New York is going to visit my site and my New York traffic is going to be up 90%. Mission accomplished.
Maybe I am racist…?