Thank God! The Olympics arent coming to Chicago. Yeah I live here in Chicago, well just outside of it, but I would have been effected by it. Let me give you a run down as to why not picking Chicago was the right decision and Rio was the right one.
Why not Chicago:
- Mayor Richard “Dirty” Daley - The guy is the most currupt politcal figure in the entire United States. You thought our former Governor was fucked up? You aint seen shit until you see Dick Daley.
- Public Transportation – The CTA has been threatning to go on strike for over 3 years.
- Traffic – It should take me 30 minutes to get to work. But because of rush hour traffic it takes me an hour. Now imagine another 2 or 3 million more people in the city trying to get to the United Center.
- Representation – Chicago sent Oprah and Michelle and Barack Obama and Mayor Daley. Rio sent Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio and Ana Beatriz Barros and Gisele Bundchen.
- Representation point #2 – Obama spoke on behalf of the USA. The 4 modles didnt speak. They just stood there and looked hot.
And thats why Chicago will remain “The Second City”. Well in this case, the 4th city.